The Decapitation of Baby Janiyah – Deasia Watkins

Must read

The decapitation of baby Janiyah was a gruesome crime committed by Deasia Watkins. Last November, Watkins pleaded guilty to the crime but refused to accept a plea bargain. Her attorneys cited conflicting medical reports. Nonetheless, they are optimistic about her future.

Tina Johnson suffered from mental illness

According to court records, Tina Johnson suffered from mental illness and a history of childhood abuse. Her father was in prison for part of her childhood, and her mother was absent for most of it. She was diagnosed with depression and mild mental retardation. She was also diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, which causes hallucinations similar to schizophrenia. Her home life was unsanitary. Her therapists said that the constant turmoil she lived through was very difficult on her. She struggled to maintain a sense of loyalty to her mother.

Tina had three months to get her numbers under control, or she would have to start taking medication. This was a horrible thought for her, because she hated having to take pills and getting a prescription. So, she decided to take a walk. But she soon got out of breath, and it ended up being more of a walk than a jog.

Tina Johnson is a licensed mental health counselor who practices at Oasis Counseling Center Inc. in Midwest City, Oklahoma. She provides mental health counseling services to people who are struggling with depression and anxiety. She is licensed in the state of Oklahoma and is also experienced in treating other mental health issues.

She was imprisoned for part of her childhood

Deasia Watkins was convicted of murdering her 3-month-old daughter, Jayniah. According to the prosecutor, Watkins stabbed the child repeatedly and severed her head from her body. Watkins’ aunt cared for the infant, but her mother drank and was often drunk. Her mother also admitted to abusing Watkins, and the prosecutor wrote that there were reasonable grounds to believe that the child was in immediate danger.

Watkins’ home life improved after social workers visited. However, the aunt who was temporarily taking care of the child developed personal problems and gave up custody of her daughter. As a result, Watkins was placed with a family friend in Westwood. Barbara Owens had previously raised 10 children and thought that she would be able to give Watkins a stable home. In addition, Watkins’ mother subsequently petitioned the court to get custody of her daughter.

Deasia Watkins spent part of her childhood in jail, where she was accused of decapitating her daughter. Her aunt temporarily cared for her daughter, and police found her in bed covered in blood. In addition to this, Watkins had a history of mental health problems, and doctors found her unfit to care for her daughter. During her childhood, she was diagnosed with mild mental retardation, depression, and schizoaffective disorder.

She was diagnosed with depression

Deasia Watkins’s illness prompted her to seek medical attention for postpartum psychosis and depression. She was declared safe to be with her daughter when she began taking the medication Risperdal. However, a court order preventing her from having unsupervised contact with her daughter was issued March 6. A judge granted the aunt of the infant supervised visitation rights and removed Watkins from her daughter’s life.

She was suffering from postpartum depression, which is a mental disorder that can cause a person to kill a child. She was taken to a mental hospital after she stabbed and severed the baby’s head. The infant was placed with her aunt until Deasia recovered from her depression.

After Watkins was hospitalized, she was denied contact with the infant but was allowed to live with her aunt and her infant. Her lawyer declined to give an interview to the media, saying it would reveal a cycle of mental illness. He said the woman was not capable of being tried if she was not competent. The case will be heard in a grand jury.

Watkins was diagnosed with postpartum depression and took medication for depression. Despite these symptoms, her social workers found that Watkins was a danger to her daughter. She stabbed her baby girl at least fifteen times with a kitchen knife, according to a prosecutor’s letter.

She was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder

Deasia Watkins was diagnosed with a psychotic disorder at an early age. She suffered from psychosis and delusions. She also heard demonic voices. Her mother was an alcoholic and used drugs. In 2005, her mother filed for re-custody of her children.

Police were called to Watkins’ home after she had a baby. She refused to turn her baby over to the authorities. She was then taken to the hospital for a psychological evaluation. During her time in the hospital, Watkins was prescribed psychotropic medication. But she stopped taking the drugs after a few days. She was found to be experiencing delusions and hallucinations, which prompted a judge to strip her of custody of her baby. She said the baby would be in imminent danger if she returned to Watkins.

The case involved a number of factors, including the alleged abuse of Watkins by her mother. The family did not provide enough food, clothing, or a clean home. Watkins also suffered from ringworm and ear infections at an early age. She was also unable to speak because of the lack of speech therapy and her mom refused to enroll her in a speech therapy program. In addition, her father had no involvement in her life. When she was five years old, a family friend agreed to take her in.

She is on medication for postpartum psychosis

Deasia Watkins has been on medication for postpartum psychosis since the police arrested her after the murder of her three-month-old daughter. Watkins admitted that she killed the child and was aware that she had done so. As a result, she would not have been able to use the not guilty by reason of insanity defense at trial.

On Jan. 25, police responded to Watkins’ home after receiving a 911 call. When police arrived, she refused to give the baby to them. She was then taken to a hospital for a psychological evaluation and put on medication to treat postpartum psychosis. She stopped taking the medication when she was released from the hospital. Medical personnel said Watkins had delusions and hallucinations. Judge Elisa Murphy then stripped Watkins of custody of the child, ruling that Watkins would be a danger to Jayniah if she were to return to Watkins’ home.

The court found Watkins capable of standing trial in September 2015. The judge also ordered her to undergo psychiatric treatment. The court heard that Watkins was suffering from postpartum psychosis, a rare but serious mental disorder that affects around one in 1,000 new mothers. Those who suffer from this condition are more likely to commit suicide and infanticide than other women.

She pleaded guilty to decapitation of her daughter

Deasia Watkins, 35, has pleaded guilty to decapitating her daughter, Amanda, after the police found the child’s decapitated body on the counter of her aunt’s home. The girl’s mother stabbed the child with a large chef’s knife. In court, Watkins said she killed the child to make others think she was the one who did it. Prosecutors say the woman was suffering from postpartum psychosis, a rare mental disorder that affects one in 1000 new mothers. The disorder has a four to five percent suicide and infanticide rate.

Watkins had earlier rejected a plea deal, citing conflicting medical reports. However, she still wants to try the case in court. Watkins is sentenced to life in prison. She will be eligible for parole after 15 years.

Watkins had been placed on a 72-hour psychiatric hold in the hospital, and her doctors believed she was suffering from post-partum psychosis. She was also prescribed Risperdal, an antipsychotic drug.

She wants to go to trial

When Deasia Watkins first went to court in April 2015, she was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison. When she was sentenced, she was ordered to undergo treatment for her mental illness. But in September, she was found mentally competent to go to trial and was ordered to stand trial. However, during multiple court appearances, she was seen with blank stares. Her attorney argued she had no idea what was going on around her and was not guilty.

Deasia Watkins wants to go to a trial because she is not guilty by reason of insanity. Watkins’ attorneys believe she is not mentally capable of assisting herself in defense. The court will have to determine whether she has knowledge of the law and how to defend herself. She needs to understand basic criminal law, the role of prosecutors and police officers, and basic legal concepts. Watkins will stay in jail until the trial and will undergo mental health treatments to restore her mental health.

The court heard evidence that Watkins was suffering from post-partum psychosis when she killed her daughter. Jayniah was placed with Watkins’ aunt. Her aunt told authorities that she was a danger to her daughter and wanted to keep the child away from her.

Also Read: Hanine Pronunciation

More articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article